Wednesday, October 20, 2010

That looks like a medieval device...

The more he compassionately witnesses my bouts with AF, various OB procedures, and the like, my husband has always asserted how glad he is to be a man.  On Monday while at the OB/GYN office for the now weekly exams, the nurse assistant pulled a specul.um out of the drawer.  "Honey, that is the evil device known as the speculu.m," I pointed out to my husband.  He's never seen one until now.

His eyes widened in horror and he replied, "That looks like medieval tor.ture device!"  The nurse and midwife chuckled, and agreed with him. Chock one more reason why he's happy to be a guy on the list.  As for me, I felt satisfaction in him learning about yet another aspect of womanhood that is invasive and painful.   A small victory! :)

7 comments:

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Ha ha! I love it!!

Sew said...

oh my Dh knows what I mean when I mimic the doctor saying "scoot down, scoot down, scoot down"....hahahaha

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

That is so funny!!

M said...

Hi I am located in Ky and use Creighton/Napro. I was wondering what Napro Dr. you have seen? I noticed your wildcat country in your profile? Thanks! Marcie

Percolating Petals said...

Ha ha ha, I think all husbands need a tutorial on the horrible instruments invented to examine us!

Marcie, I seee a NaPro doctor in Cincinnati, Dr. Jas.on Matt.ingly.

Percolating Petals said...

Oh, and email me at kektucker at g mail dot com

Kerri said...

Hilarious!! My hubby has seen quite a bit of the torture I've had to deal with through our three losses, but I don't think he's yet seen a speculum. I can only imagine what he'd say about it! Hahaha!