Since my posting has been rather spotty lately, I thought it would be fun to post pictures for the 7 Quick Takes Friday...
1. Last month, some dear friends threw a wonderful baby shower for me. Among my many favorite memories, I was most touched by the fact that several friends from the IF support group came to celebrate. Talk about true friends!! Baby showers were always hard for me while enduring IF, so my IF friends' presence meant so much.
The lovely hostesses!
2. A huge event took place in my home state, the World Equestrian Games. My Irish Dance group was invited to perform along one of the walkways leading towards the event areas. To my pleasant surprise, I was still able to dance some of our routines by toning things down a bit and wearing sneakers. I even turned a maternity dress into an impromptu costume!
3. I've been washing all of the blankets, linens, tiny outfits, etc. for the baby. Finally, we can put all of those things in the nursery. I should mention that this room has always been our guest room. The previous owners painted it pink. When we found out our baby was a girl, we decided to keep the color. Yea for (slightly) less work!
Our new glider/recliner. I've slept in it one night already.
4. Last weekend, my hubby and I went on a "babymoon." It's a trip that a couple takes as their last hurrah before a child arrives. We've had more than 4 years by ourselves, so we enjoyed savoring these last moments of togetherness while our child is quiet and portable. :) Also, I was rather emotional about missing my brother's wedding and stressed about completing baby tasks; this getaway really helped me relax. We had a very laid back, low cost trip to Cincinnati.
5. I saw this ridiculous sign in our hotel bathroom. Would you pay $15 for one of those bath towels?
7. Finally, besides the coffee shower favors that I gave out, I also gave each guest one of these. I'll never forget my IF journey, and I hope these little flowers will remind others to pray for those affected by IF.
Have a blessed weekend!!