About 6 months ago, Lisa of CatholicMom.com interviewed me about infertility and the SHE group. I knew she would post the subsequent article when she had a chance; thus, the interview completely slipped my mind. Well, to my surprise the article was posted today on the website!! I feel so touched and honored that she would make more people aware of infertility.
BOOs of the Week:
1. Back to School sales. Even though I work as a teacher, these sales hearken the end of summer.
2. My city has decided to embark on numerous construction projects...simultaneously. On most of the busy roads. Great timing.
YEAs of the Week:
1. The priest who officiated at our wedding came to visit us on Wednesday and Thursday. He offered Mass in our home on Thursday morning before leaving...WOW. Completely awesome!
2. Spiritual direction: what a difference a meeting makes!
3. I couldn't keep my nose out of The Boylen Inheritance, a historical fiction novel by Philippa Gregory. Although some risque and inappropriate scenes appear in the book, the overall plot is fast-moving. One theme really struck me: the desire for a child, specifically a son. Two of the women in the novel (Ann of Cleves and Katherine Howard) were under tremendous pressure to provide an heir to the throne. Any failure to do so was considered the woman's fault, no matter the age of the husband. I think of the stresses of the IF journey; how horrid it must have been to endure IF and the demands for a child.
Our baby girl moves (when I can feel her) about twice a day. Sometimes she makes me a little seasick. Still, I'm grateful for these movements, as they help reinforce the fact that this pregnancy is not a dream.