Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4 Years Have Passed Quickly...

I'm composing this post on the eve of my 4th wedding anniversary.  Most of tomorrow will be spent on a plane headed to the West Coast, so time to celebrate now!!

The past 3 years have felt a bit frustrating to celebrate each anniversary childless.  However, this year, those feelings seem more like battle scars that we can say, "We got through it."  I don't feel more "complete" per say; just more grateful.  Last Saturday we saw our friends who recently adopted their adorable boy from South Korea.  I told my hubby that IF had been worth it; God used our struggles to push us towards adoption, which made us recommend it to our friends, who are now parents.  And I can't begin to list the many graces and friends that have come forth as the result of IF.

I continue to think back to that pivotal question during the C.atholic Rite of Marriage: "Will you accept children..."  The short question holds within itself a multitude of "ifs."  Will you accept children if they take a long time and much effort to conceive?  Will you accept adopted children?  Will you accept a child of another race or ethic background?  Will you accept the long, long wait?

Throughout the past 4 years we've had our share of ups and downs. By far the biggest burden has been infertility.  From day 1 my husband has held me while I cried about the latest pregnancy announcement, another failed test, another round of uncomfortable meds, a misunderstanding OB. I agree with many of the other IF-bloggers: IF made my husband and me stronger as a couple.  I thank God every day for the gift of the love of my life, and I'm grateful He brought our lives together.  My hubby never ceases to make me smile.

Here are some pictures from our wedding.  Yes, blue is my favorite color.  The church just happened to match my color scheme! 







I carried pink roses in my bouquet in honor of St. Therese. :)

12 comments:

Ryan Ann said...

Happy Anniversary Kristy & Mark! Enjoy your time on the West Coast!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh my gosh, beautiful pictures! And, I love that your IF helped another couple adopt their baby! God is so good.

Happy anniversary! Our twentieth anniversary is today, and I posted some pictures, too. Lots of July anniversaries on the blogs!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Amazing Life said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful pictures of your wedding day!

prayerfuljourney said...

Happy Anniversary! Lots to celebrate this time..huh?

TinaP said...

Congratulations on 4 blessed years!!

me said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful pictures! I had an identical bouquet of pink and white roses at my wedding.

Maureen said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Your journey has produced much fruit. Dad and I are so very proud of you and Mark!

mrsblondies said...

Happy anniversary! Have a great trip!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Sorry, late to the party, but I was on vacation! But I did want to wish you a Happy Anniversary! I liked your musings over the last 4 years. God Bless you K and may you have many, many, many more happy anniversaries!

Joy Complete said...

I am a little late in reading this post, but I loved it. So many blessings abound even in our sufferings. Love the wedding and vacay pics. The shower looked awesome - I have the same dress you wore!