Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Next Step

Once again, I'm procrastinating on lesson plans to blog. :) This past Tuesday we took the first step in our adoption adventure: mailing our adoption application. It's a seemingly small step, but the first and most important in our new journey.

A new feeling washed over me as I wrote the check and mailed the application: it's really happening. Sure, I had a fleeting semblance of such a feeling in the beginning of our infertility appointments and ventures. Now, however, each appointment or treatment just runs into the next. Hope still remains and I am pleased of the progress with the NaPro treatment...but none of it feels real, as if parenthood is within grasp.

That small, 2-page adoption application, gave me that priceless feeling of parenthood coming soon. A reality that I have worked hard to keep my heart from feeling after so many failed cycles. This new adoption journey will not be easy, but at least we will have concrete goals in sight. I'll continue to post info about my ongoing NaPro treatment, but will also talk about our adoption progress. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Yay!!! That is soooo exciting, and I can't wait to read more about the progress on BOTH fronts :)

Thank you for your comment, as well. God Bless!