Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gone and an upcoming funeral

Deo Gratias, I survived the last week of school. Many of my students generously contributed to my Starbucks habit with end-of-the-year gift cards. YES!
This weekend I'm headed to a retreat in Michigan. Early next week we are expecting to hold a wake & funeral for my husband's grandmother, who lays dying at the age of 91 as I write this post. So another gap in posts is coming, but with more updates. Hopefully I will have some adoption news as well.

In the meantime, please keep my husband's granny in your prayers. This prayer is from the final commendation at a Catholic Mass of Christian Burial (fancy wording for funeral); I pray that Granny may see the angels as she journeys home.

In Paradisum deducant angeli
In tuo adventu, suscipiat te martyres
Et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat
Et cum Lazaro, quondam paupere
Aeternam habeas requiem.

May the angels lead you into Paradise
And when you come may the martyrs receive you
And lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem.
May a choir of angels receive you,
And with Lazarus, once a pauper,
May you have eternal rest.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I have always considered that prayer to be one of the most beautiful ever written. It is a prayer that comforts me when I think of family members that have gone to their rest. I envision Granny and the eternal happiness she will enjoy.

The Apostolate of Hannah's Tears said...

Keeping you lifted in prayer!!!

Hope your retreat was uplifting...