Thursday, September 1, 2011
Help me out of a music rut!
The "iT.unes Effect" has taken over the music industry, to my great delight. What a relief to buy one song at a time instead of a whole album. During my teenage years, I remember feeling held hostage to buying a $17 CD on which was only one song I wanted. Singles were equally exorbitant. A couple of years ago while at my parents' house, I discovered a long-lost single from my junior high days. For those of you younger than 27, this contraption is called a Record!
So now that we don't have to worry about CDs and the like, I tend to randomly find songs and listen to them incessantly on my iPod. Then I don't listen to songs on the radio as much in order to find new songs. Sure, every once in a while I find a cool song via commercials (a trend I think will continue) or TV shows. One of my favorite bad/sad mood songs, "Breathe," I stumbled on while watching VH1. That song helped me through rough infertility treatments and my C-Section prep. The music video is very poignant.
If you would like to help me, please list your favorite(s) in the following categories. No gangsta rap or death metal, please. :)
1. Favorite song to listen to over and over.
2. Favorite romantic song
3. Favorite Christian song
4. Favorite song to listen to in a bad mood or life struggle
5. Favorite workout/running song
6. The "I can't believe I like this song but it's on my iPod anyway" category.
Looking at my iPod, my favorites are:
1. "NilSenLa" by Cel.tic Women
2. "You Raise Me Up" (first dance at our wedding)
3. "Alive Again" by Mat.t Ma.her (although there are many other Christian favorites)
4. "Breathe" by Ry.an Sta.r
5. "Magdahlena" Ser.gio Mendes
6. "Breakthrough" by Lemonade Mouth (yeah, Di.sney cha.nnel movie. I admit it.)
I look forward to reading your suggestions and maybe adding them to my music library!