Saturday, January 31, 2009

NaPro Doctor

On Monday the hubby and I have an appointment with a NaPro doctor. This doctor has come highly recommended from a couple girlfriends. He is an expert in Natural Family Planning (NFP) and rather than pushing a couple towards artificial means of conceiving, he uses the NaPro to work with the woman's body. Kind of hard to explain...but I'm looking forward to a doctor's visit where I can relax. Most of my regular doctor visits include "No, I can't do that and here's why." Those of you who familiar with Catholic morality and Theology of the Body know what I'm talking about.

With all the ice and snow over the past week, we are hoping and praying the weather holds out on Monday. On Tuesday we will meet with an adoption agency, weather permitting. The adoption agency lives in a city that had no power, water, or phone service as of Thursday (!) so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for your prayers!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Good luck tomorrow in Cincy!! Hope to see you later this week so we can chat more.
--Kerri

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I hope all goes well at your appt. today. I am looking forward to hearing about it!

prayerfuljourney said...

Welcome to the blog. I had the opportunity to watch you on the EWTN show and boy, I give you lots of credit to be able to share your experiences with so many. I can relate to you since I too work with children and I have found that to be a vocation called by God for me. I find joy in the presence of children (no matter how naughty they are being). I've been TTC for almost 6 years and we have been doing the Creighton Method for about a year and a half. Infertility has been quite a journey and like it was said on the show and by many others....maybe having children is not our calling. God has something more for us. That is the reason I call my blog "Accepting God's Will 2009". I'm trying to find that calling if it isn't to be a mother. Is it to just be a dedicated teacher? I don't know. Anyway, the world of IF is tough and brings forth so many emotions and uncertainties. I've found that prayer and time have helped heal my husband and my own wounds. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I hope your dr's visit went well today. God Bless.

Percolating Petals said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! Accepting God's Will is such a difficult thing to do; I admire you for using that as your blog title!!

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

So glad you found a NaPro doctor! I've just recently started working with mine and ahven't felt this at peace since I was diagnosed with PCOS. I will keep you in my prayers!