The hot weather makes it difficult to take KB to normal fun activities (park, arboretum, playground, etc.) so we're going to the same places.
2. KB has become quite the independent 20-month-old (!). She has learned to say "no" (and mean it) and knock our hands away when my husband or I try to help her. We're definitely entering a new phase of parenting. I ride a roller coaster of emotions on a daily basis: awe at her progress, fear of her climbing expertise, annoyance that she won't let me help her with some things, anger when whining and tantrums reach the boiling point...Quite a ride indeed.
3. I think All You Who Hope's most recent post addresses so much of my feelings with our possible secondary infertility. She reminds us to look at the gifts God has given us now. I definitely need to do this, as even now I look wistfully and jealously at pregnant women who are around the same size I would have been had Rachel lived.
4. Every week I listen to Fr. Robert Barron, the founder of Word On Fire and the mastermind behind the Catholicism series. He records a podcast homily for the coming Sunday. Since we don't always get a deep, meaty homily at our parish, Fr. Barron's homilies fill in the void. Some of his homilies are so profound, I have to listen to them twice! This week's homily is a real gem, as it address suffering.
5. See this lovely jar? It may have an innocent sounding title. In reality, every spoonful of this cookie butter is like cr.ack! It's so addictive! Not even my best of diet intentions can resist!
6. Speaking of the diet front, I have now lost 20lbs (praise God!). I'm hoping to make it 30 by September, but we'll see. Carrying around a 24-lbs toddler is a good reminder of how my body feels carrying extra weight. :(
7. To end the week on a funny note, I couldn't resist the Mup.pets' spoof on the Hun.ger Gam.es:
Happy Friday! For more Quick Takes, go here!