Sunday, January 3, 2010

Annus Novus (New Year)

I realize this post comes a bit late after January 1st, but at least it's written during the first week of 2010. First of all, there's been a flurry of activity in the IF blogosphere, as dear Sew prepares to become a foster (translation: super) mom, and All You Who Hope prepares to adopt. What a blessing to see these women enter motherhood after years of waiting and heartbreak! Definitely gives me hope.


2010 will be a pivotal year. 2009 was a rather rotten year; although there were many blessings and happy events, there was also a lot of sorrow and needles. I really, really hope that 2010 will go much better. My hubby and I are ready to resume our weight loss goals with full throttle. Every time I see an Asian child (particularly with adoptive parents), my heart skips a beat. Hopefully by Christmas 2010, we will have a baby in our arms or at least a picture and a trip to Seoul planned. Every childless Christmas makes the waiting that much harder. But even beyond the Infertility and adoption turmoil, I truly hope and pray for a more peaceful year, professionally and personally.

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, especially in years when Lent starts so early. However, I would like to at least resolve to have a better prayer live in order to endure the battles ahead like medical decisions, the adoption process, and every day life. This August I will turn 33 years old, which is rather scary!

One piece of IF news: according to the doctor, my hormone levels are finally normal. Finally, the HCGs and other expensive drugs are paying off. Even if I never get pregnant (I sort of refuse to let myself hope for that now), it's great that my body is healthier. We will see my NaPro doctor on January 11th to examine the progress of the past few months and make plans for the future.

Happy 2010....let's pray the new year will bring renewed hope and blessings. And chocolate.

8 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I hope you have a blessed and joyful 2010 as well! I am an August 77 baby as well, so I understand some of the angst! :) Happy feast of Epiphany!

Sew said...

U are sweet! Talk about unqualified "mom". hehehe

So excited! I'm busting for your referral post! Praying for a Christmas baby!!!!

This year has started off with a ton of miracle babies, I can't help but think we will all enter motherhood this year...

prayerfuljourney said...

Boy..a baby for me would be a miracle (not thinking I'm worthy, of course) however...it has been an exciting start of the year for some blogger friends, huh? Here's to hoping God picks your name this year and blesses you with that miracle you are waiting for. You and your dh seem like a really sweet couple. You'll make really good parents. Blessed by faith. :)

mrsblondies said...

I'm glad to hear that your hormone levels have finally normalized. I hope that 2010 brings many blessings for you and your family, especially with regard to adoption.

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

Happy New Year! I am praying that God's grace be upon all of us...

the misfit said...

Chocolate - now there's a resolution I can get behind. (In theory, my new year's plans include getting back in shape, too, but I'm more likely to keep a resolution involving chocolate.)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you a referral (sooner rather than later :)), a trip to Seoul and a beautiful baby!

Percolating Petals said...

Thanks, dear friends, for the kind words and support. I share hope for all of you too.

P.S. Misfit, remember that DARK chcolate has health benefits. :)