Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Great Article: Catholic & Infertility

Thanks to a friend's FB post, I came across this article that poignantly discusses the struggles of going through infertility as a Catholic.  One of the IF blogosphere's major stars, This Cross I Embrace, was interviewed for this article.  The author explores the very tangled web of IF, made difficult sometimes by some of the unique Catholic experiences such as judgement by others of your family size.

The only addendum I would like to mention is that I do not see my baby as some sort of "reward."  The Bible may allude to that, other moms may say something similar, but that is not my opinion.  I see my baby as a huge gift, one that I am so unworthy of receiving.  Just wanted to clarify that, in case any posts (despite my best efforts) say otherwise. :)

3 comments:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I'm a huge star?? :)

Thanks for posting. To be clear, I didn't mean to suggest that couples who get pregnant think their own pregnancies/children are rewards... but as a fellow infertile, when another infertile gets pg, it's really difficult NOT to (for a moment) go to that place where you feel God has "rewarded" them but not you. Luckily for me, the feeling doesn't last long, but for others who remain infertile, it may.

(And obviously children aren't a "reward" for those who get pg out of wedlock, have multiple abortions, do drugs, etc.)

Percolating Petals said...

Of course you are a huge star, TCIE! :) Thanks for clarifying.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Um, may I take this moment to request more PICTURES of that growing baby girl of yours??!!!