Monday, August 23, 2010

New Look, New Year, Random Stuff

Greetings, blogosphere!  I've been lacking in the inspiration department lately, so that's the lame excuse for the lack of posts as of late.  Additionally, school is about to start.

After watching several blogs undergo beautiful transformations, I started hunting for a fresh, updated look for this blog.  While I did find a sweet template, quite a few of my photos were thrown off.  And I still want to make a header with multiple photos...can anyone enlighten me because Googl.e hasn't. :)

In the Baby News Department, Baby Girl continues to grow and kick.  She is definitely dancing inside!  To my disbelief, I have officially entered the final trimester.  My nerves continue to grow.  The baby's room is finally getting organized.  One of the stressful details has been sorting the clothes.  I found a wonderful do-it-yourself idea on a blog, speedily went to Michael's, and copied and used it to separate Baby Girl's ever growing wardrobe.  Ah, much better...



In the Random Useless News department, my dear hubby took me to our state fair on Saturday.  Having gone many times to the Calif.ornia Stat.e Fair, I wanted to see how Ken.tucky compared.  Unfortunately, I have to cast the vote for my home state.  But the Ken.tucky fair had its share of weirdness.  The "big food" item this year is a Krisp.y Kre.me Bur.ger.  Ugh.  The photo below probably doesn't do it justice: think of a regular cheeseburger, except instead of buns, there are 2 Krisp.y Kr.eme Doughnuts holding the heart attack (I mean burger) together.  There was quite a line in front of the stand!



Today is also my birthday.  The past few years have felt bittersweet due to infertility.  Strangely enough, while my heart feels joy at the new life inside, relief seems to overshadow everything.  Last year I thought my first birthday as a mother would feel more complete, more right, etc.  Instead, there is relief that the IF chapter has been solved (for now) mixed with a bit of apprehension of what next year's birthday will be like ("come on, hubby, we need another diaper before we go out for my birthday drink at Star.bucks!").  As always, every birthday reminds me to thank God for another year of life.  We have known friends and even family who have died young, so I try to look at that side of the coin rather than my wrinkles.

To see just how old I really am, check out the hidden clubhouse at Disney.land that I must see before kicking the bucket someday.  RyanAnn and Jeremiah should know what this is right away:



9 comments:

Ryan Ann said...

ooh ooh ... yes I do ... that's the wonderful Club 33 :D One day I will make it there!!! :D

mrsblondies said...

I love the new background. I used Picasa to make a collage for my header.

Thanks for sharing the clothing separator idea. I'm definitely going to have to use that. Yours look really cute!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Happy Birthday! Love the clothing separater! Also, keep in mind that brands like Ger.ber and Old Na.vy tend to run on the small size (as opposed to Cart.ers). It stinks to enter a size to find something already too small or close to it!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think you are due for a great year! I love those separators! I think I just might use them for a baby shower gift!! :)

... said...

Love the separators! Happy b'day.

Gross looking sandwich/burger. Yuck.

Maureen said...

Let's make a date to go to Disneyland in the future. I have always wanted to see Club 33 ever since I worked at Disneyland while in college. Dad and I will babysit too. The separators are very clever! Happy Birthday! You are still my "little girl".

John said...

I don't know if I'll ever make it into Club 33 but I would love to have the experience of taking a kid to Disneyland... hope you & Mark make it out there with Katie Beth!!

prayerfuljourney said...

Happy bday! Yeah..that Krisp.y Kreme donut/burger thing sounds gross...and it def has to be really loaded with fat..etc. Someone brave came up with that one.

Glad to hear the baby is growing and doing well.

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

I've never been to Club 33, although I've always wanted to. I even WORKED at Disneyland for a summer! ;)

Can you tell I'm way behind on the blogs??? Glad to see that all is going well with you.